We are seeking a highly skilled and innovative Embedded Software Designer and R&D Specialist to join our team in the exciting field of battery energy storage. If you have a strong interest in sustainable energy solutions and a background in software development, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. As a key member of our R&D team, you will be responsible for developing embedded software solutions and conducting research in the areas of power systems, rectifiers, and lithium batteries.
Read more about our project to use telecom towers to build a more energy-efficient future.
Operating as a startup within the larger Elisa corporation, we offer the unique blend of a lean startup environment combined with the resources and financial stability of a corporation. As we experience rapid growth and continuous change, you will have the exciting opportunity to shape and redefine your role.
- Design and develop software solutions for battery energy storage systems.
- Conduct research and development activities related to power systems, rectifiers, inverters and lithium batteries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements and specifications.
- Write efficient and reliable code in Python for energy storage systems.
- Perform testing and debugging of software to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in battery energy storage technology.
- Provide technical expertise and support to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and intellectual property.
What do we expect from you?
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in embedded software development.
- Strong proficiency in Python programming language.
- Familiarity with power systems, rectifiers, and lithium batteries.
- Knowledge of battery energy storage systems and related technologies.
- Experience in conducting research and development activities.
- Experience in modern software development (DevOps, Test Driven, Agile, clean code) building products
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Solid communication and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent in written and spoken English, adequate skills in spoken Finnish language.
Most of our team is based in Helsinki, but like the rest of the elisians, we can work flexibly (in Finland).
As a member of our team, you will have the chance to contribute to cutting-edge projects, collaborate with like-minded professionals, and make a meaningful impact in the world of renewable energy. Join us as we work towards revolutionizing the energy industry and creating a greener future.
Why join us?
As you can see, you will be given a large portion of responsibility, but equal amounts of freedom and trust. You are surrounded by over 5000 friendly Elisians, who never hesitate to come to your assistance. Elisa has been ranked as one of Finland's best employers for many years, for many reasons: huge amounts of flexibility, a friendly and laid-back working environment, great leadership that we are truly proud of, a continuous curiosity and an innovative aim to develop, as well as a fundamental invitation to come as you are. We understand and honor the fact that each Elisian comes with families, hobbies, problems, backgrounds and lives of their own. Read more about Elisa and the elisians here.
We can't wait to get to know you a bit better! We will start the interviews immediately with promising candidates, so submit your application through the link below as soon as possible! If you have any questions about the role or Elisa, please turn to Simon Holmbacka at simon.holmbacka (a) elisa.com. Welcome to our team!
The chosen candidate will undergo drug test and a security clearance vetting, which in turn requires having stayed in Finland for multiple years.